Tuesday, January 4, 2011

I am resloved no longer to linger

Every year most people seem to make new years resolutions.  I’m sure most resolutions don’t make it through the first week of the January.  I know I’m guilty of not seeing resolutions through to completion.  So with that being said, here is a list of resolutions that I don’t see myself following through on this year. 

1.    Getting into shape.  I say this all the time.  I’m a former athlete so I know how good it feels to be in peek physical condition.  How you just feel better, seem to breathe easier, and have more energy.  But now with life happening all around me I find it hard to get back into shape and stay in shape.
2.    Be healthier.  I need to start watching what I eat and drink more.  I will admit that I’m addicted to soda.  Not even the taste as much as the convenience of a 12 oz drink that’s only a pop top away.  I need to force myself to drink more water, eat less at seatings, and eat healthier snacks.  Before anyone thinks this is about weight loss, it’s really not.  I’m getting older and I really need to start worrying about my health more.  My father is nowhere near a perfect image of health, and I’m starting to see a lot of him in me, so it’s time to nip it in the bud.  (If for no more than my bride’s sake)
3.    Cut back on TV and reading more.  I’m starting to think I could go without TV, it’s a luxury and a time waster.  Do I enjoy TV?  Of course I enjoy watching TV.  Do I think I could not watch a program and feel like I didn’t miss anything?  Yes I do. 

And for the resolutions I intend to keep. 

1.    Be a better and more supportive husband.  A marriage takes work, and even though we haven’t been married long, I already see areas that I need to improve on.
2.    Pray often and with more purpose.  Not to win the lottery or anything selfish, but more or less opening up a dialogue with the man upstairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment