Tuesday, April 5, 2011

See Rock City?

So the Smith’s have started a garden.  We have planted all our below ground veggies, and will start on the above ground veggies this weekend.  I knew our yard was rocky, but jeepers creepers!  If anyone has ever ran a tiller before than you know that tillers and rocks don’t really get along.  It’s like the bloods and the cripts shooting it out and I’m the poor lone cop trying to control the riot.  Everything is fine and going great, me and the tiller are getting along great, moving at a nice pace, then BANG, the tines hit a rock, the tiller bucks up in the air like a spooked horse, and we’re off to the races.  It’s a good five feet of me being drug through the yard before I can calm this beast of a horse down.  Apparently I have Alabama’s rockiest yard!  I think I’m going to put Rock City out of business!  I need to put a booth up and start charging admittance to come see Alabama’s Rock City! I really hope all this hard work is worth it.  If we have another summer like we did last summer, all the money we would have saved by growing these veggies will go right back out the hose pipe in watering the garden.  Time will tell if all this work will be worth it or not.  If this turns out to be a big bust we won’t be doing this again next year.  If it works out then I’ll build my bride a stand so she can sit out at the road with her straw hat and overalls selling the fruits (and veggies) of our labor.  I wish I had some pictures to share of me fighting the tiller, and my bride being a hoe, I mean using a hoe, but we left the camera in the house.  Maybe I’ll break the tiller back out and have my bride snap a few shots of me acting like I’m being drug through the yard for sh*ts and giggles. 
On another note Rock City is a special place to me and my bride, so I didn’t mind the rocks too much at all.  Every time I would hit one I’d think of our wonderful weekend together in the late crisp October air.  I’ll also always remember our “wonderful” *insert as much sarcasm as possible here* hotel choices.  I will say that at least the hotel I chose had heating and air, can’t say that for the hotel my bride chose for us.  You know it’s never a good sign when they hand you your remote when you check in and demand that you turn it back in with your key when you check out.  I swear someone was murdered in our room.  But the blood stains had all but disappeared into all the other stains and unmentionable fluids that made the carpet so matted and sticky.  Bad as it sounds, those things are what made the trip great, and they’re memories we’ll always share and laugh at.  I’m sure the story will get funnier and more meaningful as the years pass.  Love you babe!  We need to head to the beach this summer and Rock City this fall!

1 comment:

  1. Put Melissa to work selling the fruits of your labor and I'll be sure to stop by your stand. With a camera in hand.


    Have you thought about a rain barrel...

    ReplyDelete