Wednesday, December 1, 2010

It's just a number, right?

Every so often a number will flash into my mind, a number that I have a very  hard time believing.  My age.  For a good minute I honestly had no idea how old I really was.  I almost had to count it out on my fingers to know my true age, and when all the counting was done I was in complete shock.  Not for one second do I believe that I’m 31 years old.  If you ask me I’m a 22 year old that’s taking a little longer than average to finish college.  I can’t wrap my mind around the fact that I’m already in my 30’s.  I still feel young, I don’t know how being 30 is supposed to feel, but I’m sure it’s older than I feel.  Other than my growing spots of missing hair I still look like a young man.  It’s funny, you hear people say, “I remember when 30 was old”.  I think I’m at that point.  I know that 30 got on me much quicker than I ever imagined.  I don’t know, maybe I just thought at the age of 30 I’d be a much different person.  I thought I’d be waking up early every morning just because the sun was coming up and that’s what I was supposed to do.  I thought a good fart joke wouldn't make me laugh as much as it did when I was in my 20's.  I was watching a Professional sporting event not too long ago and they showed the ages of the players, and I noticed that I was older than everyone playing.  At that moment I knew all my hopes and dreams of being a professional athlete were crushed.  Oh well, as long as I still feel like I’m a 22 year old college slacker, that’s what I’m going to let myself continue to believe.  *sad face*

1 comment:

  1. Ha!
    I know, I still have the mindset of a 24 yr old. Age is just a number though!!

    ReplyDelete