Friday, March 19, 2010

Snoogans' Story


Welcome to the first edition of Snoogans' story.  Snoogans is a Christmas present given to me years ago from Melissa.  He’s a full blooded blue point Siamese.  He’s the first one to greet me when I get home from work and wants nothing more than to be picked up and petted by me.  Well, that might not be entirely true.  Apparently he would like for me to take him to the vet more often to have his anal glands expressed.  It appears that his little problem with impacted anal glands hasn’t gone away.  We found this out the hard way Saturday morning as he was licking his bottom none stop.  As I tried to make him stop I noticed a big red spot on his bottom.  Turns out his right anal gland was so full that it ruptured.  Melissa and I jumped out of the bed and rushed him to the vet to have his bottom looked at.  Over 300 dollars later we returned home with the most loving drugged up cat you’ll ever see.  Melissa thought it was quite entertaining watching him try to walk.  What I didn’t find entertaining was that this medicine was making him sick so I was following him around cleaning up puke.  Living in a house of 4 cats I’m used to cleaning up the puke though.  Thank goodness he's back to normal now though.  I just have to give him oral antibiotics twice a day, which he LOVES by the way, sarcasm much?  So from now on, once every 6 to 9 weeks, Snoogs and I will be going to the vet on my off day to have his anal glands expressed.  I know you’re wondering why you’re just now hearing about this since it happened almost a week ago, but work has been super busy and I haven’t just been working late and too tired to sit down and bang this out. 

1 comment:

  1. Cas, that is gross! Funny but gross! What is up with Melissa-she hasn't posted in a while. Y'all must be busy! :D

    ReplyDelete