Monday, January 4, 2010

Movie review Monday

Welcome back everyone to Cas’s Crazy Thoughts.  Today we’re going to be reviewing three movies that I partook in over the Holidays.  “Up in the Air”, “The Hangover” and “Julie and Julia” We’ll start the review with “Up in the Air”.

    Up in the Air is a refreshing break from special effects loaded movies.  You’re reintroduced to missing art of witty dialogue.  George Clooney plays a great leading man, but most of my attention was drawn to Anna Kendrick, who I was just introduced to since I haven’t seen any of the Twilight movies.  Her role symbolizes the young fresh face that brings about the evitable life changes.  George is the old timer that has a tried and true method of doing things and is fearful of change.   Let me inform everyone that this is not the movie to go see if you want to leave the theater feeling good, because if nothing else, this movie will leave you “Up in the Air.”

    The Hangover, billed as the funniest movie of all time, was a very enjoyable movie.  The problem that I had with the movie is that if you waited as long as I did to see this movie it has a hard time living up to the hype.  Now don’t misunderstand me, The Hangover is a hilarious movie packed with laughs from beginning to end, but after the buildup I was given I don’t think it’s possible to match the hype.  I wanted to give it a fair review so I thought I’d watch the movie again, plus I wanted to make sure that when I thought I saw Heather Graham’s nipple, I was really seeing Heather Graham’s nipple.  Sorry, that really has nothing to do with this review, but if you haven’t seen this movie, you get to see Heather Graham’s nipple in here.    Now, what was I talking about?  Oh yeah, during my second viewing of the Hangover I started to get the feeling that it was nothing more than “Dude, Where’s my Groom?”, but without all the stoner jokes.  Still a funny movie and I will be watching it again, but it’s no Dumb and Dumber. 

       Julie and Julia was a nice movie that moved along at a nice pace with a well blended past and present transition.  My thirst for history kept me following the Julia side a little bit more than the Julie side.  Amy Adams plays a great lovable leading lady that you really start to cheer for during the movie.  Julie and Julia was exactly what I expected so I was not disappointed.  This is a movie that is perfectly suited for a slow rainy day spent with your special lady friend.

1 comment:

  1. I loved The Hangover. :)

    "You wanna fuck on me?!" hahahahahahahahah probably one of the best lines in the movie, although there are a bunch more too :)

    ReplyDelete