Friday, January 29, 2010

The Date is set!

That's right, I have my date for my first 5K!  April 10th, 2010.  There is a 5K in Beulah, aka where I live!  So let the training begin.  Please anyone out there that runs give me any pointers for training for a 5K.  I have never ran before, what goals should I set for training?  How long should I expect myself to be able to run to complete a 5K?  I hope I don't fizz out on this because as of right now I"m pretty excited!  I have no illusions of finishing anywhere near the top, but I do have hopes of finishing!  Woo!  Dasani!  This couldn't come at a better time too because I stepped on the scale last night, after noticing that my new pants from Christmas were a little tight, and I did not like what I was seeing.  I'm back to 211 pounds.  :(  My goal is 190-195, fingers crossed I can make it and keep it there.  For someone like myself that has NEVER struggled with weight, I now see how much of a fight it can really be.  YOU'RE MY BOY BLUE!

1 comment:

  1. It will not be that hard-I walked one 3 weeks after giving birth in 45 minutes. :D Just stretch! Lots! You should be able to do it in 30 minutes if you run at all.

    ReplyDelete